Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Conclusion

When I first found out that we were going to have to do a blog, I was not looking forward to it. However, after I looked through all of my posts, I think I have become a better writer just from typing up a paragraph each week on a late Friday night. When I read the first blog, I noticed that it was much longer than all of my other ones and that it sounded more like a book report than a blog. Over the past few months, I have realized that blogging is supposed to be a place where you can say what ever you want about the topic that is given to you.

Although I don’t always enjoy writing blogs at the end of the week, there were still some topics that interested me. One of those topics was reflecting on how the class had been so far (April). One of the things that I mentioned in this blog was that there was a lot of reading this year. I was expecting more reading than in middle school, but I was not expecting this much. I definitely did not think that we were going to be reading a new book on Finals week. Another blog that interested me more than others was how Romeo and Juliet relate to today’s society. I talked about a song called “Young Forever” by Jay-Z which had many similarities to Romeo and Juliet. One of the blogs that I spent more time on than others was my Animal Farm poem. It talked about the seven commandments and it was about the abuse of language in the story. This was one of the better poems I had wrote this year in Honors English.

This year has gone by very quickly and it’s hard to wrap the entire year and blog up in only one quote. So I’m going to try and wrap it up in two quote both by the famous former New York Yankees catcher Yogi Berra. The first quote is “ It ain’t over till it’s over”. I was looking forward to ending the blog a few weeks ago, like Word Power, but I knew that there was probably going to be a final blog that I was going to have to write. This year has gone by quickly and we are only single digits away from school being over but these last few days always seem to be a little slower. You are waiting for the last 2:37 bell of the year and when it comes your excited, but a little sad that freshmen year has just come to an end. The other quote is “The future ain’t what it used to be”. After this year in English I have definitely become a much better writer. Blogging has also helped me learn how to not always write the same way I always do when I am writing a book report or an essay. Overall, 9th grade honors English was a great class and I will always remember walking into class the first day of school being very nervous because I knew that it was going to be a challenging class. However, now I know what is expected of me in an Honors English class and I’m not as worried as I was entering 9th grade English and I’m ready to move onto 10th grade honors all though I will have many memories to look back on from 2nd period.

1 comment:

  1. Im not going to lie that was an amazing post, especially the yogi berra quotes. You makin me cry dawg.

    ReplyDelete