Friday, May 7, 2010

Fate

Since I was born in August, I'm a Leo. In the research that I did, I found some characteristics that matched me and some that did not. Three of the characteristics that matched me were loyal, confident, and stubborn. I am loyal to my family, friends, and people who I trust. I am confident for the most part about things like sports and school. I'm not always confident though if I dont think I'm going to do well on a certain test or I start studying the night before. Whenever I want to go somewhere or get something that I want, I can be stubborn about it. Cannot resist showing off is one of the characteristics that does not always fit me. Sometimes I may like to show off but for most of the time I dont talk about new things I get or a trip that I get to go on.
In Romeo and Juliet, they believe what the stars say their fate is much more then people do today. I think that the majority of the characteristics were accurate to other Leo's that I know. Shakespeare also ties in foreshadowing by predetermining what will happen in the book next and I think he used astrology in the book also for foreshadowing. A quote that shows this is "Take him out and cut him out in little stars, And he will make the face of heaven so fine"(3-2,25-26) which is a reference to astrology and the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment