Friday, February 26, 2010

The quote “ Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, or thornsor flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link of one memorable day.”, is brought up when Pip is referring to when he first went to Miss Havisham’s and also met Estella. The day altered him by becoming more aware of the upper class and not wanting to settle for being common. Pips charater was developed by not being okay with middle class which later lead on to him not wanting to be an apprentice.

A memorable day in my life that began a chain was when I was three years old and I was introduced to the best game on earth, baseball. My character today can easily be traced back to when the chain began in many ways. For example, I still play baseball and I always end up knowing the big free agent signing of the day because I enjoy baseball that much. Baseball has definitely had a positive impact on my life and continues to do so because of that memorable day.

No comments:

Post a Comment