Thursday, October 22, 2009

One of my earliest memories that I have is when I was two years old. I went to my first Seattle Mariners game. It was a great site, the Mariners with Griffey, A-Rod, Buhner, and Martinez. Just two years prior they had their magical "refuse to lose" season. I went with my dad to the afternoon game and it was sunny. The grass was fake and there was a big white tarp as the ceiling. I thought I was in a big balloon where a baseball game was taking place.
I dont remember the score of the game, just that we won, and Griffey homered twice. I don't remember who we played but that wasn't important because my dad had just introduced me to the greatest thing on the earth, baseball. Going to that game resulted in a lifetime obsession. Thats why it really didn't matter that I cried when #24 went deep with his second tater of the game. The fireworks were too loud. They reminded me of when the Blue Angels went over our house in Seattle to practice. I guess I was saying "whats that" when they went off because I was scared or something.

1 comment: